Transporting a single kayak onto a vehicle can be difficult enough on its own. Of course there will be double trouble if there are two kayaks that must be transported using just one car. Sometimes securing the kayaks with ropes and cords doesn’t do the trick, as there is a greater tendency for the boats to slip and fall off during transport. The Malone Stax Pro2 Universal Car Rack Folding Kayak Carrier eliminates that problem.
The Malone Stax universal car rack folding kayak carrier is an innovative way of placing two kayaks on the car roof for transport. It consists of foam stacker blocks which hold the boats in place, and a pair of straps, tie-downs and clamps to hold the equipment firmly in place. Each package also comes with steel balance support to prevent slipping or skidding while on the road.
The Malone car rack kayak carrier showcases the following features:
- Folding racks. The folding racks adjust well with every type of car, and have adjustments to accommodate kayaks and canoes of all sizes.
- EVA-closed cell foam blocks. The foam blocks are made of sturdy foam material that doesn’t easily break when pressure is applied. The blocks are thus ideal for handling kayaks and canoes in place.
- Flexible racks. The folding racks are also flexible and have hinges to support additional racks, which is ideal for multiple kayak transport.
- Aluminum-nylon material. The racks are made of aluminum steel bars with molded nylon platforms which guarantee boat safety during transport.
- Easy tie-down steps. The tie-down process is easy to do unlike that of other carrier straps.
A High Value Rack for your Canoes or Kayaks
The Malone car rack kayak carrier set costs around $115 on Amazon, which includes shipping handling. Considering the high build quality of this 2 boat carrier, I think it’s a great system for the money.
For those who own a multiple kayaks, the Malone Stax Pro2 Universal Car Rack Folding Kayak Carrier proves to be very convenient, as it allows up to four kayaks to be stored on the car during transport. The balance support of the carrier also promotes better weight distribution within the car, thus preventing the vehicle from slipping or skidding while on the road.
Fellow enthusiasts report that two kayaks can be placed and secured on top of the car for about 10 minutes using this carrier set, making it a fast feat as compared to other kayak carrier materials. Since the frame of the carrier comes in a fold-down design it promotes low clearance, thus ensuring safer, faster driving.
Using additional straps and carriers (or another set of the Malone Stax Pro 2 carrier), up to four kayaks can be held secure side-by-side on any type of car.
Also because of its durability, most owners leave their carrier supports on the roof tops (only removing the foam blocks) so that they won’t have to reinstall the carrier each time they need to transport kayaks during trips. If a solid 2 boat carrier is what you want, I heartily recommend this Malone Universal Folding Car Rack.